Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm not afraid of the big Green Monster

So we're off to a good start in 2012. I'm at home with kiddos today because our daycare gal is down with the flu. NO good. I'm PRAYING the kids don't get it. Part of my news years continuum (didn't feel fair calling it a resolution since it's not new) is continuing the healthier diet and lifestyle and the resolution is to fully declutter the household. When you have kids, it's like secret elves frequent your house when you're sleeping and after you leave and they add new piles to the ones you already have and then all of a sudden !POOF! you have clutter. I feel like it's everywhere and beginning to take over. OUT YOU GO CLUTTER! OUT! I've taken on the kitchen, dining room and I'm not off to the kids' rooms. Those will take longer. Plus I've been through nearly half the storage bins in the garage. YUCK. By far not my favorite activity but very fulfilling when I can put only half back and know that it's downsized, cleaned and ORGANIZED. Can I get a WOOT WOOT!?! So on to the yummy part, I tried the Green monster smoothie the other day and I wasn't just pleasantly surprised. I was BLOWN away at how good it was. Keep telling yourself GREEN milkshake, GREEN milkshake! If you can get past the green, it's by far one of the best smoothies I've ever made. It's very filling, healthy and my kids will drink it so it's definitely a keeper in our kitch!

To begin you will need
Two large handfuls of organic spinach
1 frozen banana
1- 1 1/2 c almond milk (or your choice of milk)
2 T nut butter
1-2 T Flax seed
1 T Agave syrup (optional)
handful of ice



Put all ingredients in the blender and blend that bad boy UP!




After blending pour into cups and serve. I've been putting these in my insultated starbucks to-go cups and drinking my breakfast on my way to work. If I can get my kids and DH to drink this you've seriously got to give it a try! Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment