Monday, January 31, 2011

Quick Dinner-Crock pot recipe

So I was cramming for a dinner idea yesterday and was going to try a small turkey in the crock pot but it was frozen solid so that was a no go. I had to come up with something quick because I was off to a Thirty-one party. I found some pork chops in the freezer, I had some left over onion from earlier in the week and some Italian dressing (always a winner) so I threw it all in the crock pot. Here's what I did

Italian Pork Chops

In crock pot I put 3 frozen pork chops

I added about a 1/2 cup of chicken broth
1/2 c Italian dressing (I use light done right by Kraft)
1/2 an onion rough cut
salt and pepper to taste

I cooked on low for about 6-7 hours and it was DELICIOUS! My DH made a squash casserole and it was more like a dessert. We told Ava it was ice cream and she ate the whole pile on her plate. It seemed like it was time consuming but squash usually is so while this part may not be quick-it was worth it.

Squash Casserole

1 squash, mashed (so peel it, scrape out seeds and boil until fork won't stick & mash)
2-3 eggs beaten
1/2 c milk (we used rice milk)
1/3 c butter (we didn't use this much more like 2 T)
2 T coconut
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t vanilla
1 c sugar (again didn't use this much about a heaping 1/4th c)

Mix all ingredients into mashed squash and spread into small baking dish. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

It really is dessert like but kid approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment